Irish Helicopters works alongside Heli-Highland to bring together more than 20 years of collective spraying experience in dealing with bracken control.
There are a number of serious implications of leaving bracken unmanaged, including:
• Reduced potential grazing areas available for livestock
• Increased difficulty in gathering stock
• Heath-land and species rich grassland being replaced
• Harboured sheep ticks resulting in disease for livestock and humans
• Poisoned stock resulting in a negative impact on human health
The process for controlling bracken is not straightforward and, as initial treatments are rarely fully successful, follow up is usually required. Aerial application of a chemical called Asulam is required for large areas of ground, while knapsack sprayers or ATVs are more common in smaller affected areas.
We work with Heli-Highland in using the latest spraying equipment, which is fitted to the Squirrel helicopter for effective treatment. Our experienced pilots undergo intensive training schedules here at Irish Helicopters to ensure we deliver a successful service. Our service is unmatchable in terms of our knowledge of the terrain and environment.
For further information about our spraying services, contact Kenny McGillivray of Heli-Highland on 00-353-1-890 2895 or click here to Contact Us.